Turo® Vortex Pumps TA:
Flows to 180 l/s 2,850 US gpm
Non-Clog High Pressure Wastewater Pump
and pressures up to 16 bar, 230 psi
Fully Recessed “Vortex” Impeller For Pumping Raw Municipal Sewage
Patented Turo® Vortex TA impeller for pumping of raw municipal sewage with a high content of fibers without clogging. Fully recessed impeller for maximal free passage.
- Pumping raw sewage without clogging
- Patented vortex hydraulics
- Special axial spiral casing, tuned to the hydraulics
- Interchangeable with Turo® T, TV and TEO
The Turo® TA impeller is capable of pumping raw municipal sewage with a high content of fibers, that may clog conventional impellers.
- Raw sewage
- Municipal and industrial wastewater
- Sludge with a high content of fibers
- All viscous media
- Suspensions with a high content of fibers
- Open channel
- Quiet running
- Insensitivity to abrasion
- Gentle pumping
- Modular system
- Long tool life
Facts & Figures
Nominal dimensions: DN 80 – 200 mm
Flow rate: up to 180 l/s 2’850 US gpm
Differential head: up to 100 m, 330 ft
Pressure: up to 16 bar, 230 psi
Differential head: up to 130°C/265 °F
Let us help you choose the right wastewater pump for your application.
Design Guidelines: Wastewater Pumping and Piping Systems
• Keep suction piping as short as possible, approximately 10 to 15 feet.
• Pipe line velocity: 6 to 8 fps (feet per second)
• Provide cleanouts and flushing connections
• Avoid the use of check valves
• Full port pinch valves for isolation
• Hardened metal fully recessed “vortex” impeller pumps
• Pumps having flushed mechanical seals or flush-less hydrodynamic seals
Materials of Construction
Abrasion resistant construction
- ASTM A532 IIA White Iron materials
- 316 Stainless steel shaft sleeve
- Seals include: single, double, tandem, or Hydrodynamic slurry seal
- Size: up to 8 inch
- Flows: 20 to 2220 gpm
- Differential Head: up to 460 feet
- Pressures: up to 440 psig
- Temperatures: up to 355 deg. F
• 3.0 inch minimum diameter piping
• A piping system which is abrasion resistant like glass lines ductile
• Long radius 90 or 45-degree elbows or bends
• Dedicated suction and discharge piping runs for multiple pumps
Raw Sewage – Non-clogging Pump
Self Cleaning Impeller
We can handle your toughest pumping applications.
As there are only five standardized bearing housing sizes, spare parts can be easily interchanged between many pump types and hydraulic systems. The storage of spare parts is thus optimized.
Flexibility in the choice of seal due to Varioseal®
Egger pumps have a standardized sealing space for mechanical seals and gland packing rings. This allows for a great flexibility in the choice of seal. Read more about EGGER Varioseal options.
One pump shaft for all pumped media
The pump shaft is not in contact with the pumped media and is sealed by a standardized shaft sleeve. Thus, no special materialis required for the shaft.
Thanks to the Egger modular system and our systematic storage of assemblies, a quick delivery of spare parts can be guaranteed.
The Best Non-clogging Pump Solution For Your Application
At Egger, we strive to reduce your operations budget by supplying our pump technology which has the lowest life cycle cost available. Factors affecting life cycle cost include initial purchase price, maintenance over the life of the pump, and energy consumed.
1947: Swiss Engineered Pumps
EGGER, founded by Mr. Emile Egger, is an independent family-owned Swiss pump manufacturer specializing in handling solids and aerated liquids.
A key quality feature is that the whole production process – from development through functional testing – is carried out in-house under controlled conditions by 350 skilled employees.
Thanks to the contribution of each member of our team, we have succeeded in maintaining our excellent level of quality; the highest even by typical Swiss standards.
Our unique background has been achieved by our ability to identify with and listen to each of our business partners. These partners have many different specific needs, however, all can be sure of
one thing: EGGER has the unique solution for them.
NEWS & UPDATES
Pumping challenging raw wastewater, case study Lünen-Gahmen pumping station, Lippeverband (Germany) In order to pump heavily charged raw sewage reliably and safely, a lot of experience is required, which is incorporated into the development of centrifugal pumps for an...